SQL Server 2008, the next release of Microsoft SQL Server, provides a comprehensive data platform that is more secure, reliable, manageable and scalable for your mission critical applications, while enabling developers to create new applications that can store and consume any type of data on any device, and enabling all your users to make informed decisions with relevant insights.
SQL Server 2008 will provide a more secure, reliable and manageable enterprise data platform.
- Provides a scalable and reliable platform with advanced security technology for even the most demanding applications.
- Reduces the time and cost of managing data infrastructure with innovative policy based management.
SQL Server 2008 will enable developers and administrators to save time by allowing them to store and consume any type of data from XML to documents.
- Manages any type of data from relational data to documents, geographic information and XML.
- Offers a consistent set of services and tools across data types.
SQL Server 2008 provides a more scalable infrastructure that enables IT to drive business intelligence throughout the organization.
- Brings powerful BI capabilities and valuable data even closer to every user.
- Empower users to easily consume information due to increased integration with Microsoft Office.
- Provides reports of any size or complexity internally within organizations and externally to partners and suppliers.
- Integrates all relevant data into a scalable and comprehensive data warehouse platform.
SQL Server 2008 along with the .NET Framework will accelerate the development of the next generation of applications.
- Provides an integrated development environment with Microsoft Visual Studio and .NET Framework that will accelerate development of new applications with a higher level of data abstraction.
- Enables developers to synchronize data from virtually any device to the central data store.